Richard J. Shea, Jr.
Mr. Shea is a principal of the firm and a member of the Business and Finance Group and the Real Estate Group. Mr. Shea is a "business lawyer" with extensive experience in counseling and representing clients with respect to a considerable range of legal issues which they face in their various business endeavors. As such, he serves as general counsel and advisor to clients covering a broad range of industries.
Mr. Shea´s practice includes advising and representing clients in connection with:
- The negotiation and structuring of the sale, purchase and financing of business enterprises and commercial real estate.
- Joint venture agreements, including limited liability company, partnership, shareholder and similar agreements.
- Capital structuring and financing, including securities offerings.
- A wide range of complex contractual matters, including licensing, technology, services, employment and real estate related agreements.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Corporate Finance & Securities
- General Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity/Venture Capital
Education: Mr. Shea is a graduate of Yale University (B.A. 1979), the University of Connecticut (M.B.A. 1982; J.D. 1982), and Boston University (L.L.M., Taxation, 1985).
Bar Admissions: Connecticut and New York.